MacBook pro being slow :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RDAR, Nov 22, 2013.

1. RDAR, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013

RDAR macrumors 6502

My Macbook has just started acting slow. Sometimes when it wakes from sleep it freezes on the login screen for 5min before I can type. When im navigating through finder and I click on a file it freezes with rotating colours for 5 mintues. Or if I swipe to another full screen it gets stuck and freezes for another 5 minutes. When I log onto guest account though it is working normal, same with my windows bootcamp. I've tried shutting down, restarting, resetting pram an smc. But nothing works it is so slow and sometimes freezes for 5 minutes. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

edit: btw macbook pro late 2012 13' version. 8gb ram 750gb hard drive with over split in half with bootcamp so about 400gb with at least 350gb free, i place all my files on external and backup hard drive.

2. Laco macrumors 6502

Since the guest account works well, this implies that it is probably a software issue on the main account. Perhaps you have something running on your main account that is not running on your guest account which is causing problems.

3. RDAR thread starter macrumors 6502

how would I check that? wouldnt a shutdown or restart close everything?? sorry im a noob lol

4. Laco macrumors 6502

I would go to "activity monitor" and take a screen shot when running both accounts and then compare the tow.