Macbook Pro - Best Mouse To Go With?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mikedude, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Mikedude macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm currently thinking about purchasing a MBP I was wondering which mouse I should select, I'm thinking about running bootcamp into Windows once and a while for some light FPS games here and there, So I need something other then the Mighty Mouse, what do you guys use or suggest.. Thanks

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Trackpad for normal use.

For "light" gaming, a regular mouse will do. Depends on your definition of light.

3. Mikedude thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking like First Person Shooters, the lappy will be on the desk most of the time so I'm thinking about a nice mouse, anyone?

4. Anorak macrumors regular

Anorak

I bought myself the wired Mighty Mouse and I like it well enough, though the scrollball sometimes doesn't work due to dust buildup.

With that said, I'm thinking of buying Logitech's VX Revolution - it felt great in the store and got some really good reviews.

5. palmerized macrumors regular

I have the Logitech MX Revolution. I can't say enough about this mouse. It's incredible. Awesome drivers for both OS X and Windows.

It feels great in the hand, and the scroll wheel has an incredible feel.

It's wireless, and is extremely accurate. I'm a designer, and have typically stayed away from wireless mice, but this one is just as good as a wired mouse.

Now -- it's expensive. I think I paid $130 CDN here in Toronto, but I think it's worth it.

6. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

7. Mikedude thread starter macrumors newbie

Razer's are a bit too flashy for my taste and the MBP's professional look:cool:
    All I've heard is good about the Logitech MX Revolution so I'm most likely going to purchase that mouse, How does it connect wireless though? Does the charger for the mouse have some type of signal that you have to be in range with?

8. BigPrince macrumors 68020

9. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

The MX Revolution will do your job nicely even though it is a tad expensive .. :cool:

10. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Just make sure you get a bluetooth version so you dont have to worry about a dongle.

11. Mikedude thread starter macrumors newbie

12. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    I also have an MX Revolution, I bought it refurbished on ebay for 30 bucks! I LOVE it!!!

13. Mantasis macrumors member

Is there a way to program the trackpad button to have a right button function? I noticed it tilts 2 directions.

14. holtchristian macrumors member

15. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    Or go into System prefs and click Keyboard and Mouse. Go to the trackpad tab and I think there is something to check like 2 fingers is right click or something like that.

IMcD23

16. BDK1022 macrumors newbie

Logitech's VX and MX mice are great. Decide for yourself if the MX is worth the extra money or not

17. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

The MX Revolution uses a tiny USB dongle about 1/2 inch wide x 1 and 1/2 inches long. I just got my Revolution today and agree 100% with Palmerized. This mouse is by far the best I have ever owned/used. I cannot recommend it highly enough.