Macbook Pro Billing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by carcass29, Mar 1, 2008.

1. carcass29 macrumors newbie

I just ordered my first Mac(former pc user) It's on it's way like most here on the board, delivery date March 3-5... and it just left Shanghai Ch. March 1st
    My question is has anyone been billed yet for your purchase?

Funny thing is when I bought it Feb 26th, i used my debt/credit card....I checked my account a few days later and there was a -$2555.55 from my account, which means funds were taken out right?

.... Today I checked my account and the funds are back in my account and my MBP is on the way? does it take longer for the transaction to take place or did they just forget to take it? :D

2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    MacBook Pro 15-inch Widescreen
    2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
    200GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
    SuperDrive 8x DL
    Apple Remote
    No iWork Preinstalled
    No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled
    No Aperture Preinstalled
    No Logic Exp Preinstalled
    BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
    Country Kit

2. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

Usually they would charge you when it ships, maybe they are waiting for it to hit state side.

Its been too long since i bought mine but im pretty sure i was charged when it left china.

3. akadmon macrumors 68010

Mine shipped yesterday, and so far no charges have shown up on my credit card :eek: Needkess tp sau, mu fungerd ard crussef (which explains why I'm having a hell of a time typing this :))

4. carcass29 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i know... maybe i'm jumping the gun but why would the funds be removed and then returned? fingers crossed.

5. aviationwiz macrumors regular

Judging by the fact that you said the amount was taken out of your account, I assume you are using a debit card, which is very different from a credit card.

While it's impossible to say without knowing your banks practices of how debit card purchases are taken care of, I would guess that Apple did a hold for the amount of the computer, and either your bank or Apple has now taken off that hold, returning the funds for your use. You will shortly (if not already) be finally charged for it, which you will see 1-2 business days after being charged (again, depending on how your bank works).

Rest assured, Apple (nor any other store) will forget to charge you for a product or service. There may be a strange delay, which happens, but, eventually, you will be charged for it.

6. -Will- macrumors newbie

I too experienced this and promptly called Apple this morning. The nice gal informed me that the first charge was, in fact, a hold on my account and that I should expect to see the final charge post on Monday. (on debit card)

In addition, I was refunded the shipping charge because of late delivery on the order. :D

7. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

it's a hold.. that 's it!
    i advise paying with VISA or AMEX and not your debit cards.
    both the 2 card companies have an additional 1 yr called Purchase Protection that basically extend your 1 yr warranty, in case u don't want to purchase appleCare for the next yr.

8. amanda8501 macrumors newbie

I have this going on right now, the only strange thing is that the charge for my Apple care has posted on my account but the computer has not.