Macbook Pro Black screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by desi22601, Oct 13, 2011.

1. desi22601 macrumors member

Okay so i had a school project to do and stayed up doing it late on my macbook pro... i had to wake up like 2 hours later so i decided just to let my macbook pro sleep instead of shutting it down... fast forward to about 2 hours later and tried to revive my macbook pro from its sleep state but all i see is a black screen. I tried to restart it, took the battery out, etc but no dice. Its weird because when the macbook is open (when you can see the screen itself) i don't know how to explain it but the white light on the macbook pro is very dim.. but when i close the macbook pro the light is bright white... i'm not sure whats happening. Additional details : I don't hear the chime or anything.. i know the cpu is working because i hear a noise.... what should i do? Thanks.

2. macuser231 macrumors newbie

same thing happened here -
    repeated power on and off -
    after the 2nd cycle it worked -
    no explanation - I did have one tell me to take it to apple store - but have not had the issue since.
    by any chance were you in windows? - I have had trouble before shutting this partition down with similar issues on sleeping and screen.

good luck

3. desi22601 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i was on windows lol. Tried repeating power on and off and it looks like it doesn't work for me :( Might have to take it to the apple store but my warranty expired a few months ago :(

4. subliminll macrumors newbie

Mine does same thing waking up from sleep. I did figure out if I hit the brightness button (f2) a couple times the screen comes back on. Other than that, I have to hold the power button to restart.