Macbook Pro Blinking Hard Drives

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nodoal, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Nodoal macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch that i got in 2010. Its a 6,2 model running snow leopard 10.6.8. Recently the hard drive was making a strange noise so i turned off the computer, however turning it on proved very troublesome. I had to use safe mode and now that everything seems fine the hard drives on the desktop keep disappearing and appearing in 5 minute intervals.

I ran a verify disk on disk utility and it gave this problem "Invalid directory count, 46 instead of 45, Macintosh volume corrupt and needs to be repaired". However i am in Madrid on exchange and don't have any of the setup cd's or anything to run the disk utility.

Is there any way of loading off an external hard drive to use the disk utility? And also does anyone have any ideas of what the actual problem is? I also want to disclose that i have installed an optical drive as well as RAM from macsales, although it doesnt seem to be causing the problems so far.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions, im all ears.

2. Nodoal thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Hey Guys

So i created a new user account and switched over and things seem to be fine (No blinking finder and desktop, kind of strange solution).

However we will have to wait and see. If anyone has a similiar experience please post it. I would love to understand why one of my accounts suddenly went crazy.

Cheers