Macbook pro blue screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JohnVerbiest, Oct 27, 2009.

1. JohnVerbiest macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

Thought only windows had a blue screen problem... :)

So when i try to boot osX 10.4 normaly i get stuck in the blue screen. When i try save mode i can login, but when i try to boot from the install cd, it also get stuck on the blue screen.

I tried already:

• Reset all rams
      Reset pmu
      Delete all startup items
      Uninstall parallels
      Reset permissions
      Check Disk

I'm getting really agitated about this, so please can somebody help me?
    Thanks!

2. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Could you possibly screenshot it/take a picture of it and upload it somewhere and link it here? I'm not so sure what "blue screen" it is-

Are you talking about the kernel panic (That has only happened to me ONCE in 3 years.) or are you stuck at the login screen? (The screen before the login window is also blue and that happened to me when I installed a bad application that messed it up and made it impossible to go to the login screen. (Which made the screen blue.))

[​IMG]
    (The kernel panic message)

(I don't think Parallels affects it BTW. How did you uninstall it if you could not go to the login screen?) (I also fixed my problem by going in safe mode and then taking out the recently faulty application that I installed.)

3. phaskin4 macrumors newbie

phaskin4

Hey, My girlfriend is experiencing similar problems with her Macbook. I got it to start up, but it comes up with the apple logo and stays on that screen with the "spinning gear" for longer than usual, and then when it used to show a login screen it now shows simply a blue screen with a mouse arrow and nothing more than that :(
    I was wondering what programs can do this to a macbook and if there is possibly another explanation to this other than a faulty program being installed. It doesn't seem like this problem is too common among macbooks.

4. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Yep. It got stuck in the black screen as usual like my problem. Try going to safe mode and then at System Preferences, go to Accounts-->Your Username-->Login Items.

Remember what was in there and then remove them all.

See if it starts up now. If it does, then must have been a login item causing the problem. Slowly add in one by one. Log the progress on a spare sheet of paper or something. If the problems appears again, then it's the program you just added step by step to the Login Items area.