Macbook Pro/Bluetooth Headphones Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yomikeya8677, Jan 31, 2014.

1. yomikeya8677 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this is in the right category but I'm wondering if anybody can offer advice here -

I'm having issues with my bluetooth headphones. I'm using a Macbook Pro (Late 2012 model) with OS 10.9.1 running. The headphones are Plantronics Backbeat GO.

The problem is, it'll play but every couple of seconds it skips out. This happens with all audio, including streaming music and videos, local content, and even the volume up and down controls sometimes play and sometimes they skip out. Sometimes it "catches up" and sometimes it just skips ahead to where the music playing should be. This just started a few days ago. The issue has to lie on the Macbook's end because I use it with my iPad and my Droid phone and they both work completely fine. This is my first Mac (was a PC'er up tip I got this) so I'm not completely proficient with fixing Mac stuff. Any word on what I can do to fix this?

2. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

How far away from the computer are you with your headphones? Any chance the headphone batteries could be dying?

3. yomikeya8677 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. Literally a foot away. The laptop is sitting next to me on my desk. iPad and phone are same distance away and no problems with them. Also the battery is completely full. Definitely something to do with the Macbook just no idea what.

4. gcrr, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014

gcrr macrumors regular

I can't get my Jaybird Bluebuds x to connect at all.

5. macsForLife macrumors member

macsForLife

It seems that if you search around, the bluetooth implementation in the MacBook Pro is pretty bad. I use a pair of Bluebuds and even with my old buggy iPhone 4, I could literally walk across the house and never have it drop out once. With my 2012 MBP, if I'm more than 10 feet away, it drops out completely. Even at 5 feet, it gets choppy. Even when I'm sitting in front of it, it will occasionally refuse to connect, or lose connection while in use. I've also found that high disk activity seems to cause problems. So far I haven't seen anything that could fix the range issues. The antenna must just be very weak, and of course it's under a lot of stuff in the case. I'm assuming the signal gets bounced around inside and comes out weak.

6. yomikeya8677 thread starter macrumors newbie

*Bump*

I searched around and still can't find a solution to this. Anybody?