MacBook Pro Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Codeseven, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

I have a remote monitor, I would like to buy a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Which combo are you guys using, Logitech, Microsoft? Thanks

2. nicfargo macrumors member

I have a Logitech MX5500 that I used with my PC (just got my first mac in november). When I tried using it with my mac, the mouse was very, very...very jumpy. I just went out and got the Apple wireless keyboard and wireless Mighty Mouse. I'm very happy with both in just the short amount of time I've used them. Very responsive, didn't drop once (in about 5 hrs of use). So far very happy!

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've got the Apple Wireless Keyboard ($49 MWSF '09) and the MS BT Notebook Mouse 5000($29 MWSF '09) and I've placed rechargeable batteries in both; checking to see how long they keep their charge...:cool:

4. urkel macrumors 68030

After weeks of testing a bunch of keyboard/mouse combos then I finally settled down with the wired Apple Keyboard and Logitech MX Revolution (and VX for travel). Here's my opinion on the stuff I tried:

Apple Bluetooth Aluminum Keyboard:
    + Looks good
    - No trackpad. If they put a trackpad on it then it would be a great couch KB
    - Doesn't make sense for notebooks since it's essentially a clone of your onboard keyboard. IMO, an external keyboard should offer something different than what's on your notebook already (10-key, shortcut buttons etc).

Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse:
    + Made by Apple. (Yes, to some people that is a feature. So watch out for the Apple Salesmen out here pushing it because it's surrounded by negativity for a reason)
    - Awkward button placement, squeeze motion, ergonomics, software and nipple (yes, it's got a nipple)
    - High Price means Low resale value. It's funny because I bought mine off a guy who said he bought it off Ebay. And last week I just sold mine on Ebay so who knows how many people hated this mouse.

Logitech/Microsoft Keyboard: (In general, ALL Windows keyboards)
    + Logitech 5500 Revolution and MS 7000 are great
    + Better ergonomics. Lots of programmabiity
    - Mislabeled modifier keys may be tough for Mac users. Alt = Command, Windows = Option etc

Apple Wired Keyboard:
    + Surprisingly comfortable if you like your Macbook keyboard
    + USB ports (unpowered)
    - White is outdated. (I'm hoping new iMacs brings new black/alum kb and mice)
    - 10-Key is wrong. I absolutely hate when Apple takes something standard and messes with it. If you're a 10-key pro then they moved keys around and shrunk the add button. (It's funny because my wife has to plug a Windows keyboard into this when she does Excel)

Logitech Revolution VX/MX:
    + MX for me because it's rechargeable and is comfortably huge
    + VX for the wife because she has small hands
    + Very programmable, tons of buttons, great grip, ball bearing scroll
    - USB (but at home it plugs in Apple keyboard. Wheres the BT version?)

Okay, well I hope this helps. Good luck.