MacBook Pro Boot Camp Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by frazz, Jun 26, 2008.

1. frazz macrumors newbie

I'm on vacation at the moment and, much to my dissatisfaction, I left my Leopard install discs at home.
    This wouldn't be a big deal, except I accidentally destroyed my Windows partition (attempted to increase the size using Winclone, messed up). I managed to reinstall XP, but I need those dang drivers.
    They were in the Tiger OS, but not Leopard. I found one download spot on the internet (insanely mac forums). I downloaded and compiled the archives, but when I installed them, the drivers did not work.
    Apparently MacBook Pros need different drivers than regular Macs.

Anybody know how I can get these? Am I doomed to be without my FPSs for the duration of my vacation?

2. frazz thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess the answer is, "no, nothing can be done."

3. jerryrock macrumors 6502

jerryrock

Oh no!!!!!!!! A vacation without computer gaming?????? What is this world coming to?

4. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

The pirate who lives in a bay may be able to help. ;)

King Mook Mook

5. matperk macrumors 6502

Have you tried downloading the boot camp 2.1 drivers from apple's site and using those? I'm not sure if you can just use that download to update the leopard ones, or use it to just install the latest drivers.

6. frazz thread starter macrumors newbie

Good idea, but i think most likely you already need the drivers. Since MacBook Pro needs different drivers, but there's only one download, this one probably just makes up the difference for a few things.

7. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I tried to apply the BC 2.1 drivers without first running the BC drivers on my Leopard disc and they did not work. You seem to need to first run BC from the disc and then apply the 2.1 update.