Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frazz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
I'm on vacation at the moment and, much to my dissatisfaction, I left my Leopard install discs at home.
This wouldn't be a big deal, except I accidentally destroyed my Windows partition (attempted to increase the size using Winclone, messed up). I managed to reinstall XP, but I need those dang drivers.
They were in the Tiger OS, but not Leopard. I found one download spot on the internet (insanely mac forums). I downloaded and compiled the archives, but when I installed them, the drivers did not work.
Apparently MacBook Pros need different drivers than regular Macs.

Anybody know how I can get these? Am I doomed to be without my FPSs for the duration of my vacation?

matperk

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Have you tried downloading the boot camp 2.1 drivers from apple's site and using those? I'm not sure if you can just use that download to update the leopard ones, or use it to just install the latest drivers.

frazz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Have you tried downloading the boot camp 2.1 drivers from apple's site and using those? I'm not sure if you can just use that download to update the leopard ones, or use it to just install the latest drivers.

Good idea, but i think most likely you already need the drivers. Since MacBook Pro needs different drivers, but there's only one download, this one probably just makes up the difference for a few things.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Have you tried downloading the boot camp 2.1 drivers from apple's site and using those?

I tried to apply the BC 2.1 drivers without first running the BC drivers on my Leopard disc and they did not work. You seem to need to first run BC from the disc and then apply the 2.1 update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.