Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

himanshuvohra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
hey everyone

used my macbook last night...shut it down normally....now when i switched it on in the morning i only hear the startup chime but there is nothing on screen(screen is on but is blank black).

tried everything that is floating on internet including smc reset, but nothing helped.

connected it to tv with hdmi. display appears on tv but i see boot screen stuck at 50%, still nothing on macbook pro screen. i clean format macbook and reinstall yosemite, still nothing on screen and boot screen still stuck at 50%.

can you guys please suggest something.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Backlight or screen, if you shine a light through the Apple logo is the screen live but just not lit? Either way it would seem to need HW service...

himanshuvohra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
sorry for posting late, something weird happened that day.
i packed my laptop in my laptop bag and was putting it on the shelf, but somehow it banged on the wall.
next i go to an apple service center for the repairs and when i switch it on to show the problem it boots normally and has been working alright since then....

my conclusion, it needed a bang.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.