MacBook Pro BootCamp Battery Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darrenscerri, Dec 7, 2008.

1. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

Hi all, I have just installed Vista on my MacBook Pro late 2008 via BootCamp. The thing is that I have very low battery life under Vista (1hr 50mins at 100% battery). Other than that, when I choose "Restart in Mac OS X" in the Boot Camp Utility on Vista, on Mac OS X I have no more than 4 hours battery life. When I shut down and start the MBP with Mac OS X again I now have 5 hours 20 mins battery life marked. I think this is a firmware issue, some hardware resources are not released by Vista or something of the sort? Am I the only one with this problem?

2. lapino macrumors regular

I noticed the exact same thing. Battery at 58% and Vista showing I have 56mins left (in Mac Osx this is about 3hrs). Been able to fix this?

3. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Vista sucks balls at battery life. End of story.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Been discussed. Most believe Apple optimizes it's hardware to work with it's resources/OS which results in greater battery life. Apple provides drivers for Windows but aren't optimized to the OS which is why many are seeing very low battery times.

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Your going to love Windows 7. 2009 Unibody Macbook Pro 17" (the longest battery life of any Apple computer, by almost double the 15" MBP) and the longest i've got out of Windows 7 with minimum brightness sitting idle was 2.5 hours. OS X gives me 9 hours on full brightness with the 9600 card.

:apple::)

6. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

No way! :eek: I get 4 hours with the 9400M and minimum brightness on my 15" :(

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Yeah but im using the 17" with the new style of battery. It has about double the capacity of the 15". But i have a 15" too and there are ways of extending the battery life.