MacBook Pro Bootcamp Performance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KingGriffin, Sep 27, 2013.

1. KingGriffin macrumors newbie

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to look at my post.

Lately I've been having an issue with the gaming performance on my Windows partition. When in game, I'm forced to use a framerate limiter so the frames don't skip, and overall am getting poorer performance than I would expect to. My friend has an Asus PC, with the exact same specs as I have (in fact, mine are better), and he's able to run games much more efficiently than I am, almost doubling my framerate at times. We matched in-game settings, and he gets roughly 30 more fps than me in the game we play together (Counter Strike Global Offensive).

Just wondering if there's something wrong I did regarding drivers, or anything else. I've updated everything I think I can, and have tried to make my Intel settings to "performance" and my computers power settings to "highest performance".

My specs are:

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    Intel core i7-2620M 2.70 GHz
    Intel HD 3000 Integrated Chipset

Hopefully that should cover it.

Thanks,

- Josh

2. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

What MacBook Pro do you have? I am not sure what years have this but my 2011 15" has two graphics cards, when my computer runs the Intel 3000 the computers display has horrible lag. I downloaded an app to choose which graphics card the computer uses.

3. KingGriffin, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013

KingGriffin thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the 2011 MacBook Pro 13'' model, which only has the Intel integrated graphics.

I feel you on the HD 3000 thing...it does seem to have issues. What puzzles me more is the comparison to my friend's computer. Just can't figure out what could possibly be the issue when we run relatively similar rigs, just one is a MacBook and the other is an Asus.

4. leman macrumors 604

Are you sure your friend does not have a graphics card in his PC?

5. Mac.User macrumors 6502

Is his PC a desktop or laptop?

A Desktop has a faster version of the 3000, and i7. Maybe his 3000 has more video memory assigned to it.

6. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Another thing could be since you have the 13" MacBook Pro it only has one fan which heats it up very fast. When mine got hot the computer would slow down on performance to try and cool itself down.