MacBook Pro booting problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stevenmatyas, Oct 20, 2008.

1. stevenmatyas macrumors newbie

A couple nights ago, I turned my Pro on and it would boot to the apple screen but then the wheel would start turning under it and about 3 seconds later the computer would shut off. I tried booting into safe mode and looked up different ways to try and boot and none of them worked. I took it to the Apple Store and they said my hard drive had been corrupted. Just wondering if anybody knew what could cause this, as I didn't have any unusual applications installed. Again, I'm not looking for advice as I've already turned it over to Apple to be repaired, just want some thoughts on what might have happened. thanks!

2. ~Wibble~ macrumors member

i had this exact problem when an update didnt install properly. when it restarted it had an error installing the update and whenever i tried to boot it up it had the problem your describing

~Wibble~

3. stevenmatyas thread starter macrumors newbie

the weird thing is that it had been off, so it couldn't have been installing an update. the apple genius asked me if i had been doing an update as well. i guess this is a common thing, which is quite annoying.