Macbook Pro boots up super fast!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by trek1500, Jul 20, 2008.

1. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

I love the fact that my Macbook Pro boots up in less than 30 seconds! Quite a difference from my Windows PCs....

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Excellent!

Welcome to the Apple/Mac family and to MacRumors!

If a faster boot time thrills you, just wait until you have the opportunity to enjoy the full Mac experience!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. trek1500 thread starter macrumors member

trek1500

Thanks! This forum has been a great place to pick up pointers and just generally learn all things about Apple. Being a newbie I find myself in here all the time!

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Some of us oldies find ourselves in here all of the time too!

The Forum is a great place to get your questions answered.

The Guides are full of helpful material

The Search function and MRoogle are an excellent way to find information already discussed and posted

And, the resident gurus can always seem to find a way to help out!

What is your set up and what are you doing with it?
    There are a number of individual Forum topics that will probably address whatever your interests are!

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Congratulations and Welcome to the Brotherhood:D

This is just the beginning, its a long, twisting. eternal road of Mac surprises and its gonna be one of the best roads you travelled in life!

P.S.: In Macs, you might want to view all the effects slowly... to grasp their full beauty!:D Try the actions (like opening a stack) while pressing the shift key!

6. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

I hope you picked up the "Word of Advice" around the forum, and NOT put any sort of liquid, flammable liquid, liquid nitrate, phosphorous, I have seen a thread with cat pee, so keep the cat away, hot beverage, or water by your MPB.

7. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Welcome and I hope you enjoy it all. Learn keyboard shortcuts, it'll make your mac experience that much more awesome...and you shouldn't be afraid of awesomeness.

8. trek1500 thread starter macrumors member

trek1500

I've been spending a lot of time learning the ins and outs of iLife 08...mainly iPhoto, iMovie & iDVD. There is a lot more to learn but I am really enjoying the ease by which you can manage your content. I have an iPod iTouch and the cool part is being able to synchronize my content seamlessly through iTunes! I had a ton of video that was in a MPEG format that iMovie would not recognize but I found this great converter called iSquint which works great in converting older MPEG files to MPEG4!! So now I have all this great "older" family video on my iPod iTouch that I can share with the rest of my family! I love it!

9. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

How is your Mac booting up super fast a problem?

10. trek1500 thread starter macrumors member

trek1500

Who said it was a problem?

11. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I thought this was the Mac help posting section.

12. MusicallySilent macrumors member

You are better off just not using your macbook pro :p, or get some plastic cube full of air with two built in gloves so nothing can get inside.

If/when I finally get a mac I will find myself here alot too, I have been reading up on macs a lot, even my fresh linux distro takes longer too boot up than 30 seconds, but then again it has to load GRUB to let me choose what I want.