Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Excellent!

Welcome to the Apple/Mac family and to MacRumors!

If a faster boot time thrills you, just wait until you have the opportunity to enjoy the full Mac experience!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

trek1500

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Sugar Land, Texas
Excellent!

Welcome to the Apple/Mac family and to MacRumors!

If a faster boot time thrills you, just wait until you have the opportunity to enjoy the full Mac experience!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Thanks! This forum has been a great place to pick up pointers and just generally learn all things about Apple. Being a newbie I find myself in here all the time!

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Thanks! This forum has been a great place to pick up pointers and just generally learn all things about Apple. Being a newbie I find myself in here all the time!

Some of us oldies find ourselves in here all of the time too!

The Forum is a great place to get your questions answered.

The Guides are full of helpful material

The Search function and MRoogle are an excellent way to find information already discussed and posted

And, the resident gurus can always seem to find a way to help out!

What is your set up and what are you doing with it?
There are a number of individual Forum topics that will probably address whatever your interests are!

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Congratulations and Welcome to the Brotherhood:D

This is just the beginning, its a long, twisting. eternal road of Mac surprises and its gonna be one of the best roads you travelled in life!

P.S.: In Macs, you might want to view all the effects slowly... to grasp their full beauty!:D Try the actions (like opening a stack) while pressing the shift key!

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
I hope you picked up the "Word of Advice" around the forum, and NOT put any sort of liquid, flammable liquid, liquid nitrate, phosphorous, I have seen a thread with cat pee, so keep the cat away, hot beverage, or water by your MPB.

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2004
Welcome and I hope you enjoy it all. Learn keyboard shortcuts, it'll make your mac experience that much more awesome...and you shouldn't be afraid of awesomeness.

trek1500

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Sugar Land, Texas
Some of us oldies find ourselves in here all of the time too!

The Forum is a great place to get your questions answered.

The Guides are full of helpful material

The Search function and MRoogle are an excellent way to find information already discussed and posted

And, the resident gurus can always seem to find a way to help out!

What is your set up and what are you doing with it?
There are a number of individual Forum topics that will probably address whatever your interests are!

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

I've been spending a lot of time learning the ins and outs of iLife 08...mainly iPhoto, iMovie & iDVD. There is a lot more to learn but I am really enjoying the ease by which you can manage your content. I have an iPod iTouch and the cool part is being able to synchronize my content seamlessly through iTunes! I had a ton of video that was in a MPEG format that iMovie would not recognize but I found this great converter called iSquint which works great in converting older MPEG files to MPEG4!! So now I have all this great "older" family video on my iPod iTouch that I can share with the rest of my family! I love it!

MusicallySilent

macrumors member
May 23, 2007
I hope you picked up the "Word of Advice" around the forum, and NOT put any sort of liquid, flammable liquid, liquid nitrate, phosphorous, I have seen a thread with cat pee, so keep the cat away, hot beverage, or water by your MPB.

You are better off just not using your macbook pro :p, or get some plastic cube full of air with two built in gloves so nothing can get inside.

If/when I finally get a mac I will find myself here alot too, I have been reading up on macs a lot, even my fresh linux distro takes longer too boot up than 30 seconds, but then again it has to load GRUB to let me choose what I want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.