MacBook Pro Bubble in Glass

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ojcvega, May 11, 2010.

1. ojcvega macrumors newbie

I'm on my second MBP delivery and both have come with what seems like a defect in the glass. Very minute and probably would go unnoticed unless you really look for it. My fear is that it will develop into a crack later, so I've returned both without any problem from Apple. With the MBP turned off, pass a flashlight on the screen and you are very likely to find a small flaw within the glass. This also happened to me when I ordered an early 2009 MBP, it took three deliveries to get one without the flaw.

Any one else see this problem??? Thanks!!

2. lizard77 macrumors newbie

I guess you must be Apple's most favourite client. :)

Its very hard to judge if it is a serious problem when you do not send a picture of it. So according to your describtion it for sure can not develop into a crack. And I guess most people even do not notice nor bother to have a small flaw that you only can find by pointing a flashlight on it.

3. rawd macrumors regular

My favorite is the dude who wanted to return his new MBP, because one corner of the trackpad was 1mm higher then the others

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

order the matte screen, then you will not have this issue, nor will you waste apple's time or cost them money

5. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Or Apple could use glass without defects and save everyone time and money

6. vant macrumors 65816

The OP had to take a flashlight in the dark to find the flaw.

It's man made for god sakes. You expect all CPUs to be the same? Every CPU is using different voltages right now. My GF is at .925 and I'm at .895. Same exact MBP13 2.26, different capabilities.

7. ojcvega thread starter macrumors newbie

Friend at work has one and didn't even know....

Just spotted a bubble on my friends MBP i5 she bought it 3 days ago at the Apple Store. She didn't even know it was there. I realize you can nit pick everything. But if you're plucking $2K down, can we get a clean glass? without blemish??

In defense, you can't see it with any kind of desktop picture. My only fear is that it can later develop a crack or perhaps later effect a pixel in some way. That glass should be spotless, apart from outside dust particles.

I'm not wasting Apple's time, they're wasting mine.

8. vant macrumors 65816

I don't see how you are ever going to buy a car or date anyone.

"You have a minor birthmark on you lower calf, sorry I'm not interested"

"This car has a tire with 1.3mm more tread then the others, that might cause alignment issues down the road so no sale"

To be honest, it's not going to develop a crack with an aluminum enclosure around it. Hell I've had wine glasses bashing each other in the dishwasher with minor bubbles that don't crack.

9. SonicBoom1981 macrumors regular

thank good im going for a matte screen as this problem is just unacceptable :p

10. avediswolf macrumors regular

avediswolf

You need to scale the car vs the MacBook.

This car has a tire with 4.8 inches more tread.

LOL.

Seriously... The dude should have just got anti glare.