MacBook Pro burning DVDs Error code 0x8002006

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raulroa, Aug 7, 2008.

1. raulroa macrumors newbie

I recently had this error pop up when I tried to burn a DVD. I looked up this throughout the web and found many "solutions" which I did not try because some were, well, silly.

Do this:

Transfer your data, photos, whatever that is taking up all the space from the laptop onto a drive or another computer. Clean up your harddrive as much as possible. Once I did this, I could burn my stuff off of the other computer. And, it seems that by clearning out the MacBook Pro's hard-drive, I now can burn without any problems. I think that if you let the hard drive fill up too much (I had only 4 gigs left when it would not burn any more), it will not let you burn. Possibly because it needs lots of space to burn.

So, I just burnt off the stuff I transfered to the other computer, and now I can burn without any problems USING the same DVDs that were giving me errors.

To make your laptop a "DRIVE" that another computer can "see" so you can transfer all your stuff over do this:

Turn off laptop
    Have other desktop or laptop with lots of memory on
    connect both with a FIREWIRE cable
    Turn on your mal-fuctioning laptop BUT HOLD THE "T" key DOWN WHILE IT TURNS ON

This makes your laptop a "drive" on the desktop of the other computer. Open this "drive" and find all the stuff you want to move over to the second computer.

Once it is done transfering over, just turn off your laptop and unplug the firewire cable.

This will make it work perfectly again.... And, dont forget to burn stuff off often so that the laptop does not get too full and stops working.

Let me know if this will work for you too. If it does, Steve Jobs owes me at least a brand new computer for helping the thousands who could not be helped by his computer geeks.

Your pal, me

2. scott85213 macrumors member

I'm not sure how burning works in osx, but maybe it creates cache files identical in size to the file you're burning. Do you have free space equal to the size of the image?

3. farinha macrumors newbie

I've spent about 2 hours trying to burn a dvd with BurnXFree and Finder, unsuccessfully.
    The reason i'm writing is that the last error that appeared was this one. I was trying to burn a DVD in my MBP with 4 finder windows opened as well as my iTunes working.
    The first attempt failed... then i closed all these stuff, changed the brand of the media and tried again... It's burning right now...
    The interesting is that there's only 190mibs avaliable on my HD...

So, the theory of caching the same size is incorrect.
    I guess even the shutdown attempt is useless, sounds like the first recommendation call centers do... Restart your Windows...

Well... hope i've helped...
    First post about :apple:...

:cool:

4. nOs4r2 macrumors newbie

SOOOOOO SIMPLE, I was trying to burn directly from EXT HDD, simply transferred files to mac HDD and shazam! Can't believe i didn't try this sooner. Nice one cheers!!:D