Macbook Pro burning issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shibby327, Apr 16, 2008.

1. shibby327 macrumors newbie

shibby327

hey guys i have a quick question...

I do a lot of video editing and recently just created a video project. This video was created and burned onto a disk with a mac pro. i needed to create more copies at home so i used Handbreak to convert the disk file into an mp4.
    when i view the project in quicktime as an mp4 (on my mbp), the images run very smoothly with no choppiness. But when i burn it onto a disk, the images of fast movement (ie, cars, people running) become very choppy and have that "matrix-ish" look (not in a good way). is there something wrong with my mbp? or am i converting it incorrectly? (from disk to an mp4/quicktime)

thanks

2. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Something is probably getting messed up in the conversion process. Is it rip a disk image of the original and then burn the image back onto the new DVDs? If you have Toast installed, try using its Disk Copy function.

3. shibby327 thread starter macrumors newbie

shibby327

ya its ripped directly off the disk and i used idvd to create more copies... do you recommend downloading toast? and is this for sure not a hardware problem? im really hoping it isnt...