Macbook Pro - buy 2011 generation with good price?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sony123, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Sony123, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

Sony123 macrumors newbie

Hello :)
    I´m new in this forum.
    At the first sorry for my English. :)
    I going to buy Macbook pro 15" 2011 carriage from USA, maybe from the stock. This MBP is new and package in original box.
    Problem is, that display on this MBP is only default resolution. For other site price is 1000€, new Macbook pro 15 in this configuration in the Apple Store cost 1799€.
    It is good deal for me?
    I know end of the April is going to sell new MBP with retina displays but I´m student and a haven´t lot of money to buy new Macbook pro. :/ :)
    What should i do? :)

I´m using notebook for programming, graphics, web, some documents...
    At home I connecting notebook to external display, but when I am in school college I using only notebook display.

2. declandio macrumors 6502

The price sounds too good to be true if it really is a new 2011 laptop in it's original packaging, so be careful!

3. Sony123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, this guy sell MBP 15", 17" and air. He saying, that is from USA (maybe from central stock) and that is it new Macbook Pro undamaged, original. He say that he will send to me some photos when box will arrive to him. Price was at first 1250€, and late I am beat down to 1050€.

I going pick up personally from him and pay by cash when I open box ond i will see undamaged Macbook Pro.

When it will be OK, should I buy this MBP? or wait for new retina MPB? What would you do in my place?

Thanks

4. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

Honestly, wait till the new ones come out. There may be a new on that fits your budget and needs. And to also see if there's a killer feature you might want on the new ones. :D

5. declandio macrumors 6502

If you can see the machine and are happy it's legitimate, it sounds like a good price. I doubt you'll 'need' the retina display.

If I was still a student I'd buy the one you're considering now for a good price. If I had the money and didn't mind spending it on a brand new expensive laptop, I'd wait.

Poor student- buy now.
    Rich student- wait.

It's up to you!

6. Sony123 thread starter macrumors newbie

But new MBPs will be too expencive to me. And now I have good chance buy my first Macbook Pro :apple: for good price and moreover is absolutely new, unused.
    I don´t know, what should i do. :confused:

7. declandio macrumors 6502

Buy it now. Start using it, you'll be happy. Go collect it and pay cash when you see it.

8. Sony123 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is some thing what I must notice, when I will be buying? If it is not stolen? Or broken? What I have to pay attention?

Thanks

9. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

When a deal seems to be too good to be true, then it's too good to be true.

10. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

I just bought a 17" for 600$ off. Had to jump at a good deal new. Paid 1779. Early 2011