Macbook Pro - buy or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by user78595, Sep 27, 2013.

  1. user78595 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2013
    #1
    Hi,

    I would like to buy new Macbook Pro with Retina display for myself. Is this time good time to buy or is it better to wait for new release?

    Btw. does anybody has some clue when will be new release of Macbook Pro?
     
  2. wtmk81 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2008
    #2
    If you don't need it now, wait. You may not want the newest Haswell versions, but the older ones will go on sale when the new ones arrive. You'll either save some money or get the newest one.

    I'm in the same boat as you. I almost bought one the other day, but decided to just wait and see.

    As for an ETA rumors here are October 15th. But nothing is really confirmed.
     
  3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    #3
    Definitely wait. New models should be out within the next few weeks.
     
  4. user78595 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2013
    #4
    Do you have some clue or projection how long it could take? Two weeks or two months...? I know nobody except Apple corp. has no this info, but I just sold my Thinkpad T520 :)

    ----------

    What do you think could be expected after release of new version of Macbook Pro with Retina display and Haswell CPU in respect to its price and with price of current model? Will it go down and how much? Will be still in offer or will be replaced with new model?

    Thanks for your thoughts
     
  5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    #5
    Right now we're probably looking at anywhere between October 15th-24th. Definitely in that timespan.

    If anything, the price would drop $100 or so. Very minimal. The old model is always no longer available for purchase, but there are still refurbs offered through Apple.
     

Share This Page