Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Handzy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Hi there,

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but at this price, I'm looking for some input. I have been lurking the forums forever and just starting to post. I am currently looking at getting myself a Macbook Pro. Staples has a promotion going on in a couple days where I will be able to pick up a 13" Macbook Pro i7 for 1169.99 with 100$ App card and Apple Care for an extra 165$.

Here is my predicament, I am certain that the new models are going to be coming out in either September or October, should I hold off and wait for the new one with the Haswell processor or should I take the plunge and save a lot of money. Will the update be worth the money?

Thanks in Advance

Dweez

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2011
Down by the river
I apologize in advance for this. :)

dead-horse.gif

Bottom line is do you want/need the system now or can you wait? If you can't wait, jump on it. My late 2011 MBP still kicks butt and finishes any and all tasks I throw at it.

If you are one of those guys who really likes to have the latest & greatest tech, then wait a couple of months. The current lineup rocks...

IMNSHO, of course.

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Hi there,

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but at this price, I'm looking for some input. I have been lurking the forums forever and just starting to post. I am currently looking at getting myself a Macbook Pro. Staples has a promotion going on in a couple days where I will be able to pick up a 13" Macbook Pro i7 for 1169.99 with 100$ App card and Apple Care for an extra 165$.

Here is my predicament, I am certain that the new models are going to be coming out in either September or October, should I hold off and wait for the new one with the Haswell processor or should I take the plunge and save a lot of money. Will the update be worth the money?

Thanks in Advance

You got to ask yourself, do you really need the haswell processor in your mbp,
if yes wait for it and prepare to pay higher price, if not get this one and use it
for another 3+ years at least. Imagine others are still using 2008 mbp and just do not want to part with it. If you just depend on one machine and yes go for the next generation, if not get this deal. Come to think of this theory every year car market comes out with new model, do you buy car every year ? No one can decide for you.

laurasaur25

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2013
Is that a national promotion you would be able to send me a link to? I've been waiting for haswell but would be pretty tempted by that deal.

lcseds

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2006
NC, USA
Probably going to be much more expensive. Folks are telling you to wait for Haswell but that is likely to be applied only to retina MBP's. You are looking at a MBP Classic I would guess at that price. Sort of two different birds at this point. If it is a classic, and you like the price, grab it. It's unlikely to get any better specs. The retina model may be $1699, and may be introduced after the $100 gift card deal expires. So big price difference.

chrisperro

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2009
canada
Hi there,

Thanks in Advance
where is this sale? link??

Handzy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Hi!

Yes I am in Canada! I am going to price match the apple store at 1299.99$ with the 100$ App Store Card and Apple Care at 183.99$. This weekend they are having a customer appreciation sale (10% off your entire purchase). I called Staples to make sure it was okay and they old me that it would not be a problem.

Thanks for the input,

Nick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.