Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Hi l'm in the uk and looking to buy a MacBook Pro 14 size.

I will be using the MacBook for music production and the usual stuff like watching movies YouTube browsing etc no gaming. I have a budget of around £1500 to absolute max £1600.

As I know nothing about Mac's etc just wondering what is the best MacBook Pro I can get for my money and budget? Would be aiming to keep the laptop for a fair few years and would like to buy one that will receive software updates for quite some time to come. Any help would be much appreciated.

picpicmac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2023
Here's a very recent video by one of those YouTube content creators, speaking favorably about this MBP M3 Pro:

I have a budget of around £1500 to absolute max £1600.

You'll likely need to go refurb to find what you need at those prices.

John dosh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2019
Here's a very recent video by one of those YouTube content creators, speaking favorably about this MBP M3 Pro:

You'll likely need to go refurb to find what you need at those prices.
Thanks for your help have decided I’m going to save up abit more money to get a m3 pro. Think that would be the best option.

Reactions: picpicmac

JamesMay82

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2023
Hi l'm in the uk and looking to buy a MacBook Pro 14 size.

I will be using the MacBook for music production and the usual stuff like watching movies YouTube browsing etc no gaming. I have a budget of around £1500 to absolute max £1600.

As I know nothing about Mac's etc just wondering what is the best MacBook Pro I can get for my money and budget? Would be aiming to keep the laptop for a fair few years and would like to buy one that will receive software updates for quite some time to come. Any help would be much appreciated.
sky mobile have some good interest free deals on MacBook Pros.. worth a look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.