MacBook Pro buying

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shu15, May 28, 2009.

1. Shu15 macrumors regular

I am buying a MacBook Pro and having a problem on which to store to buy it from. Macmall.com offers a price of $1,799.99, and Apple's refurbished section offers it for $1,699.99. I couldn't find if macmall.com offers free shipping and if they sell refurbished, or if the laptops are new, and they just bring the prices down. Any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. fpar macrumors regular

I would go with the apple refurb store, they are better with issues on arrival like dead pixels or scratches.

3. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

+1
    I'd really wait until WWDC, those refurb prices will drop if there's an update!

4. 3rdLittlePiggie macrumors member

3rdLittlePiggie

https://www.springboardstore.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3
    This is the one I just picked up. I also almost went with the refurb, but they charge tax, and this one was the one with the 512 Graphics Card, which I wanted because of doing Graphics, I'm supposed to get it on June 1st and will keep you updated to how it is.

5. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

If you are a student I would buy a new one from apple... you get a free ipod.
    Otherwise I would go with the refurb store.

Good luck

6. Shu15 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for everyone's help. I've decided to go with the refurb because of the lowest price and I've heard great things about refurbs being as good as new. Thanks again!

7. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Great choice. I don't think you will regret it!

8. Shu15 thread starter macrumors regular

I've got one more question if this thread is still being viewed. This will be my first mac. (Can't wait!) I consider myself pretty tech savvy, but when I transfer my iTunes library, can I go into iTunes, select all the songs, put them in a new folder, and transfer that folder to the new Mac? Will the Mac/iTunes automatically sort them and stuff? (My iTunes library is split into 3 different libraries. When opening iTunes, I have to hold down shift and double click and select my .xml to open up my iTunes. Hope this helps explain. :confused:) Thanks for all the help! Sorry if I shouldn't post this on this thread.

9. JCastro macrumors 6502a

You should be able to copy everything in your iTunes folder on your PC and paste it into the iTunes folder on your Mac. It should read it like it has always been there. That is my experience anyway. I have no idea about the 3 different libraries though. I don't see why it won't work the same way.