macbook pro - can it power without fan ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AEEA, Apr 15, 2012.

1. AEEA macrumors newbie

Hi , i have this liquid damaged macbook pro, but the thing is even after the liquid it worked. But then it was opened to be cleaned, and the port where the fan cable is connected got broken, so as the port where the speakers go got broken. Now it won't start, i tried shorting it but no luck, my connection is: Is it possible that it won't start because the fan cable is not connected ?
    The charger is all the time green, sometimes light green, sometimes bright green, even when i remove the battery. Its mid 2009, 13"".

2. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

My guess is that something else got damaged as well. It should start up without the fan, although it won't run for long.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I wouldn't recommend running it without the fan, but if you're just testing something and it won't be on for more than a few minutes, it should be fine. It will shut down if it overheats to the point where damage could occur, anyways, so you won't cause any lasting problems.

jW

4. chilly7 macrumors member

according to my knowladge u can start it with out fan and there should be no worries, how ever when Mac overheats it has an atomatic shut down function, so if u live at Artic or North Pole where the stanadrt teperature is very cool one u might be able to run it all the time but in the normal condition probabley with out a fan it will overhit quickly so as result it will shut down right away and it might happend even in a couple of minutes after u originaly started it up