Macbook pro Can't burn a DVD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phil3841, Jan 5, 2012.

1. phil3841 macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook pro, one month old, 2.2 GHz, Intel core i7,4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, I try to run the Toast Titanium to burn a DVD and the program takes 24 hours to encoding a simple movie in mp4 format. I took the computer to Apple store and they said everything is fine, I contact the people from Roxio (the manufacturer) and even with their help nothing changes, I just invested $1799.00 in a Mac computer and can't burn a DVD. I think the problem is in the processors, but I am not a expert and nobody knows really anything to fix this matter.Is anyone up there knows what is going on or do I have to get rid of this equipment ? I need help, please...!
    Phil

2. simsaladimbamba

During the transcoding process Toast does, have a look at Activity Monitor and see, if Toast actually uses all CPU, like in the "how to use Activity Monitor" quote.

You could also try Burn.

And where does the .mp4 come from?
    And what settings in Toast did you use?

3. phil3841 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I tried that, the Toast using more then 100% of CPU,
    this doesn't happens just with one movie, anything what I want to burn takes a lot of hours to encoding, looks like the processors are not enough to do the job, beside this, if I try to run anything else at the same time freezes for seconds before start any program.

----------

I had Imac for 3 years using Toast with no problems, people broken in my house and stolen it, so, I got the Macbook pro in December, is being a big frustration !