MacBook Pro Can't Connect to Wifi

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DisneyRicky, Jun 12, 2010.

1. DisneyRicky macrumors regular

DisneyRicky

Hey Everyone,

Had my MacBook Pro for a little a month now, and I love it. The problem I am faced with now is that I can't connect to my home network. My iMac is able to connect perfectly, but whenever I try to connect with my MBP, it won't connect, or will assign it's own IP and then states "You will not be able to connect to the internet." It's quiet annoying when I can't use my laptop to connect to the internet, what I am faced to do right now is take my iMac and bluetooth tether it to my MBP. This is fine if I'm in the same room, but it won't work when I'm upstairs. Does anyone know what's wrong? Should I contact my Apple store?

-DisneyRicky:apple:

Attached Files:

2. DisneyRicky thread starter macrumors regular

DisneyRicky

I was able to fix it, all I needed to do was run the network diagnostics app. Seemed to do the trick! :)

3. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

I very recently had this same problem. My MBP started acting really flaky with the wireless. If it was connected to my time capsule, it would load web pages extremely slow and would eventually time out. Then if I kept turning wifi on and off it would either say it couldn't join my network, or would do what yours did where it assigned it an ip that said it couldn't use the internet.

The weird thing is that my iPhone 3GS connected to my time capsule fine :confused:

I too tried the network diagnostics app, but to no avail.

Eventually I changed the wireless mode to 5GHz N only mode and that did the trick. So I was thinking maybe wireless interference on the 2.4GHz band.

Anyways, then I was annoyed because my iPhone couldn't connect to a 5GHz network, so I switched back to 2.4GHz after about a week. My computer seems to be doing fine now, but I sure wish we could find out what causes this problem. :confused::confused::confused: