Macbook pro car charger?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsch, Jul 14, 2008.

1. jsch macrumors newbie

Hey, i am in a real need of a car charger for my macbook pro, i know some ppl have posted something familiar to this, but they only got link to some boxes which u can plug ur normal charger into (if u know what i mean).
    but it looks like the socket dont even fit for my charger. i may have got my facts wrong, but anyways, i dont really want a box with a socket where i put my normal charger in, sounds to complicated, to messy. is there some mbp car charger (i have googled allot so i assume no) but is there something familiar, something easy like a normal car charger?

thx.

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Nope - not that I know. Did Apple not patent the MagSafe connection so presumably only Apple could make a car-charger. Since Apple don't make a car-charger you will need some sort of invertor - what is the problem with them anyway ? I use one from time to time and they are really useful for charging cell-phones and iPods and stuff.

3. jsch thread starter macrumors newbie

k then, do u have any recommendations on a nice product, one that doesnt take to much energy from the car, just enough to keep my macbook running.
    many ppl r talking about watts and all that, and tbh i dont understand to much of that. what specs am i looking for? if thats what its called.

4. jsch thread starter macrumors newbie

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you search the forums before starting a new thread, you may find plenty of threads that have already discussed your question, so your answers could be there, waiting for you! :)

6. Zel macrumors regular

The MBP power cord is an 85 watt adapter. You should get an inverter that is rated for some more than 85W. Find a nice 100W unit and tuck it under the glove box.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E&N=2102830384+1245918584&name=Power+Inverter

That store has such a great shipping and return policy that it doesn't hardly matter which brand you choose, youre guaranteed to end up with a well functioning unit.

7. lio macrumors newbie

Hello! I would like to tell me your opinion about this product .

I will probably buy it together with this adapter .

I really appreciate your help and thank you in advance for your answers.!