Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Macbook pro car charger?

jsch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
Hey, i am in a real need of a car charger for my macbook pro, i know some ppl have posted something familiar to this, but they only got link to some boxes which u can plug ur normal charger into (if u know what i mean).
but it looks like the socket dont even fit for my charger. i may have got my facts wrong, but anyways, i dont really want a box with a socket where i put my normal charger in, sounds to complicated, to messy. is there some mbp car charger (i have googled allot so i assume no) but is there something familiar, something easy like a normal car charger?

thx.

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Hey, i am in a real need of a car charger for my macbook pro, i know some ppl have posted something familiar to this, but they only got link to some boxes which u can plug ur normal charger into (if u know what i mean).
but it looks like the socket dont even fit for my charger. i may have got my facts wrong, but anyways, i dont really want a box with a socket where i put my normal charger in, sounds to complicated, to messy. is there some mbp car charger (i have googled allot so i assume no) but is there something familiar, something easy like a normal car charger?

thx.

Nope - not that I know. Did Apple not patent the MagSafe connection so presumably only Apple could make a car-charger. Since Apple don't make a car-charger you will need some sort of invertor - what is the problem with them anyway ? I use one from time to time and they are really useful for charging cell-phones and iPods and stuff.

jsch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
k then, do u have any recommendations on a nice product, one that doesnt take to much energy from the car, just enough to keep my macbook running.
many ppl r talking about watts and all that, and tbh i dont understand to much of that. what specs am i looking for? if thats what its called.

lio

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2008
Hello! I would like to tell me your opinion about this product .

I will probably buy it together with this adapter .

I really appreciate your help and thank you in advance for your answers.!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.