Macbook Pro Case bent?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeppelin68, Jan 15, 2009.

1. zeppelin68 macrumors regular

I just noticed today that my macbook pro (the older model, bought in June 07), is seriously off level and bent just under the optical drive. I haven't dropped it (in a while) and am wondering if it bent itself from heat. Could this be fixed by putting a weight on top of the right side?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stevemiller macrumors 68000

i don't have any advice, but i do have the exact same bend (in a new unibody mbp thats been handled like a baby, no less). my guess is its one of those "live with it" situations... but i'd certainly love to hear a success story about getting it repaired, because as it stands, its annoyingly wobbly to type on!

3. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Do you know how your machine got the 'bend?'

4. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

wow how did u just all of the sudden realize that? Thats a massive bend, i thought you'd notice that right away.

5. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

Did you drop it on that side? I'm surprised you did not notice that sooner, that thing looks like it would be a rocking horse on any flat surface. As for heat, dam you know how hot that would have to get to bend like that? you would have melted whatever it sat on! if it was on your lap you would have third degree burns! You would have needed a skin graft.:eek:

6. stevemiller macrumors 68000

it came to me bent. its not as severe as the OP's bend, but still enough to make the machine wobbly.

7. zeppelin68 thread starter macrumors regular

well I dropped it a few months ago, which caused the latch to break... but I don't think thats when it bent, seeing that I use my laptop throughout everyday and most likely would have noticed it. Maybe it happened when it was in my bag this week. Is putting a weight on the right side a bad idea? I wouldn't want it to get damaged, it already has enough problems lol

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My old one warped a few times; they eventually fixed mine.

9. vestokes@mac.co macrumors newbie

vestokes@mac.co

RE: Macbook Pro Case bent?

I noticed my 17" MBP late 2007 case was bent also? I have never dropped it. So, I have no idea how it got warped on the side near the express card slot and a little forward near the front. I was packing it away about 3 months ago when I noticed it.

Anyone able to get their's repaired. It's still under AppleCare warranty.