MacBook pro case/skin

Mkostera16

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
Milwaukee
I just picked up a 2011 13 inch macbook pro, does anyone have any suggestions for any accessories/cases? I bought a keyboard cover and was looking for a case/protector. The speck clear case and the Bodyguardz full body skin seemed to be the most popular from what i researched

Speck case
https://www.speckproducts.com/macbook-cases/macbook-pro/macbook-pro-seethru.html

Bodyguardz
http://www.bodyguardz.com/apple-macbook-pro-13-unibody-protection-cases-protectors-covers-shields-skins-films.html

Thanks in advance,

Mike

mfuchs88

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2011
Speck is phenomenal, I did a video review. If you want to see it, I'll post it, but just don't want to seem like I'm spamming.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I just picked up a 2011 13 inch macbook pro, does anyone have any suggestions for any accessories/cases? I bought a keyboard cover and was looking for a case/protector. The speck clear case and the Bodyguardz full body skin seemed to be the most popular from what i researched

Speck case
https://www.speckproducts.com/macbook-cases/macbook-pro/macbook-pro-seethru.html

Bodyguardz
http://www.bodyguardz.com/apple-macbook-pro-13-unibody-protection-cases-protectors-covers-shields-skins-films.html

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I love my Speck!

felixgun

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2012
Looking for a good MBP case/skin. I currently have an InCase sleeve that I keep it in but looking for something that permanently stays on it...

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Looking for a good MBP case/skin. I currently have an InCase sleeve that I keep it in but looking for something that permanently stays on it...

I've never used a case that stayed on on any of my Macs. What I do is carry in a Tucano Second Skin sleeve. It's waterproof and nice to touch. If I'm out and about, I make sure the sleeve is underneath my MBP so it won't scratch.

Nick16

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
FL
Love my Speck SeeThru Satin. It's nice in black with the Apple logo glowing through. :cool:

aaron580

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
+1 again for speck... just watch for dust getting in between the laptop and case so nothing big scratches it.

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
I have a clear and satin black speck on my 15. The black one I don't like too much because I put a sticker over the apple. The clear works just fine but I'm surprised at how bulky the laptop feels when they are on. I know it's not that serious but as soon as I get state side I won't use a case.

I also have a keyboard cover that I loved at first, and it does serve it's purpose. however, trying to type on it annoys me as keys are harder to press and stick sometimes. It's a Moshi cover.

My advice, get a case if you need it. but leave the keys alone. I do like the case but I prefer the original non tacky design and feel of nothing. Just a naked MBP.

ibis99

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; HTC_Wildfire_S Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've heard that cases like the Speck are bad because they keep heat from escaping and will shorten the life of the computer.

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Another vote for Speck ... in fact, I just got a new MBP 15 in today along with a Speck satin in blue. Awesome fitment, satin is a great finish (it's a flat, soft finish) and it's very translucent so the lights show throw very nice.

We have a satin red on the wifey's MBP 13 :)

chillfrilla

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; HTC_Wildfire_S Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've heard that cases like the Speck are bad because they keep heat from escaping and will shorten the life of the computer.
no i dont think so

fingerman

macrumors member
May 21, 2011
Stockport, UK
I have a clear and satin black speck on my 15. The black one I don't like too much because I put a sticker over the apple. The clear works just fine but I'm surprised at how bulky the laptop feels when they are on. I know it's not that serious but as soon as I get state side I won't use a case.

I also have a keyboard cover that I loved at first, and it does serve it's purpose. however, trying to type on it annoys me as keys are harder to press and stick sometimes. It's a Moshi cover.

My advice, get a case if you need it. but leave the keys alone. I do like the case but I prefer the original non tacky design and feel of nothing. Just a naked MBP.
I agree, I've had a Speck clear case from new and my MBP is mint, it does protect it well and my Speck is scratched so it's done a good job to the MBP. But when on it does feel bulky when on and it feels like a regular plastic laptop!

In the passed I also had Moshi Palm Guards and a keyboard cover but they've been binned as they just made the MBP feel ****e!!!

Anyway my MBP is currently bare and my 8 year old can't stop feeling the case - must get it from me :D