MacBook pro case/skin

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mkostera16, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Mkostera16 macrumors member

2. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

From the 30 threads I'v read on the subject, speck seems to be a good case.

3. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

Speck is phenomenal, I did a video review. If you want to see it, I'll post it, but just don't want to seem like I'm spamming.

4. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

LOL, 30 is being modest. And the speck is great been using it since march and no scratches :D

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I love my Speck!

6. felixgun macrumors member

Looking for a good MBP case/skin. I currently have an InCase sleeve that I keep it in but looking for something that permanently stays on it...

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I've never used a case that stayed on on any of my Macs. What I do is carry in a Tucano Second Skin sleeve. It's waterproof and nice to touch. If I'm out and about, I make sure the sleeve is underneath my MBP so it won't scratch.

8. yang88she macrumors regular

9. Mkostera16 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. Speck case it is lol

10. Nick16 macrumors regular

Love my Speck SeeThru Satin. It's nice in black with the Apple logo glowing through. :cool:

11. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    I have a speck satin, the extra grip to the texture is nice, as is the slight drop protection. It would be nice to use the laptop without it as it does add a bit of heft, but its better to be safe than sorry!

12. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I voted for Speck….I want Speck runs for the President! :)

13. aaron580 macrumors member

+1 again for speck... just watch for dust getting in between the laptop and case so nothing big scratches it.

14. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

I have a clear and satin black speck on my 15. The black one I don't like too much because I put a sticker over the apple. The clear works just fine but I'm surprised at how bulky the laptop feels when they are on. I know it's not that serious but as soon as I get state side I won't use a case.

I also have a keyboard cover that I loved at first, and it does serve it's purpose. however, trying to type on it annoys me as keys are harder to press and stick sometimes. It's a Moshi cover.

My advice, get a case if you need it. but leave the keys alone. I do like the case but I prefer the original non tacky design and feel of nothing. Just a naked MBP.

15. ibis99 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; HTC_Wildfire_S Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I've heard that cases like the Speck are bad because they keep heat from escaping and will shorten the life of the computer.

16. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Another vote for Speck ... in fact, I just got a new MBP 15 in today along with a Speck satin in blue. Awesome fitment, satin is a great finish (it's a flat, soft finish) and it's very translucent so the lights show throw very nice.

We have a satin red on the wifey's MBP 13 :)

17. chillfrilla macrumors member

no i dont think so

18. fingerman macrumors member

I agree, I've had a Speck clear case from new and my MBP is mint, it does protect it well and my Speck is scratched so it's done a good job to the MBP. But when on it does feel bulky when on and it feels like a regular plastic laptop!

In the passed I also had Moshi Palm Guards and a keyboard cover but they've been binned as they just made the MBP feel ****e!!!

Anyway my MBP is currently bare and my 8 year old can't stop feeling the case - must get it from me :D