macbook pro case splitting from the screen. Bezel Problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheHervey, May 18, 2011.

1. TheHervey macrumors newbie

Today I noticed that my macbook pro is having a problem with the lid closing, it is starting to split along the screen and the back lid where the apple logo is. I called Apple support today and they said that it would most likely be an out of pocket cost, unless it is a noted problem with Apple. I have seen other problems with what problem I'm having (link below) If anyone knows that Apple knows of this problem, please respond that way I have a statement to give them for when I go into the store. Thanks!

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/141840-new-unibody-macbook-pro-cracking-hinge.html

2. hammer222 macrumors newbie

me too

I'm having the same problem. Never been dropped - rarely makes it out of the living room. But the screen is coming apart from the lid down by the lower left hinge. I'm working with Apple now to hopefully get it fixed. They've told me it's my problem and I'll have to pay for it, but based on all the similar posts I've seen, I've asked them to escalate the issue.

How did your situation work out?

3. dbernie41 macrumors regular

Same issue here. Never dropped. Apple care expired 2 weeks before I noticed the hairline crack. After moving up the chain they said they would pay for parts but that I had to take it to a licensed repair place and pay for labor. So basically shelling out mass money to fix their problem. I love my MBP but I'm thinking it when its actually time to lay the money down and buy a new laptop the extra cost of the Mac may be hard to justify. Mine has had multiple major hardware issues.