Macbook Pro Case splitting (pictures Inside) need opinions!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Olude, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Olude macrumors newbie

So my laptop case has been splitting near the screen and it also seems to swell at random points. I have never dropped my laptop, I take great care with it as I need it for school. Last time I went to the apple store they told me it was a cosmetic issue and id have to pay around $800.00 to get it fixed. This time I decided to call the national apple line. They told me they think it should be taken care of, and that some one was being dis ingenious in the store (did I get screwed maybe because some one's boss told them to stop giving customers replacements? I have no idea). So Now I am taking this to the apple store tomorrow.. anyone have any similar experiences? What do you think I should argue? I think since I have a 3 year protection plan, I should get at least my entire case replaced, if not a refurbished macbook pro/ or an upgrade.

Opinions/help welcome :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. motownflip macrumors regular

3. Olude thread starter macrumors newbie

4. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

That's more than cosmetic. If there is no evidence of dropping or abuse, then you have a clear warranty issue. That said, I'm not sure what cause that - have you been carrying it around by the screen?

5. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Try apple care see if they will replace it for you.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you called AppleCare, call them back if you weren't given a case no. and then go back to the Apple Store with the case no. If the AppleCare agent on the phone said it should be taken care off, the Genius at the Apple Store can't deny it and your case no. should help back up your claim.

7. Olude thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I have a case number to back up my claim.

8. Olude thread starter macrumors newbie

And no I have never dropped this laptop I also only carry it around when its closed (out of fear of damage). I also have this problem with screws randomly falling out ( I am missing one screw because of this. I swear its like the case bloats.