Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacobclause

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2014
My mom ordered me a case for my macbook for college. It’s from amCase, and is a neoprene fabric, with a zipper along the top. It has two handles, and looks like a small briefcase.

I’m going to start college this fall, and I got a new macbook for graduation. Naturally, the laptop is great, as we all know, since we’re here on these forums :p

But I want to review the neoprene case from amCase. The stich-work is very strong, clean, and concise. It looks plain and simple, and it won’t gather much attention, since it is not a boisterous design. Starting out school, I naturally don’t want to have something that will be extravagant, so this is perfect.

The zipper is a zipper and it works, obviously. There’s not much to be said about that.

The case is a snug fit for the macbook. There are different sizes for different laptops, and I would imagine that they also fit those respective devices. I’m using a 13 inch case, and the power cord fits with the laptop, and does not make a large bulge. Overall, I would highly recommend these cases, especially for college students, and anyone who is going to be carrying a laptop around.

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
My mom ordered me a case for my macbook for college. It’s from amCase, and is a neoprene fabric, with a zipper along the top. It has two handles, and looks like a small briefcase.

I’m going to start college this fall, and I got a new macbook for graduation. Naturally, the laptop is great, as we all know, since we’re here on these forums :p

But I want to review the neoprene case from amCase. The stich-work is very strong, clean, and concise. It looks plain and simple, and it won’t gather much attention, since it is not a boisterous design. Starting out school, I naturally don’t want to have something that will be extravagant, so this is perfect.

The zipper is a zipper and it works, obviously. There’s not much to be said about that.

The case is a snug fit for the macbook. There are different sizes for different laptops, and I would imagine that they also fit those respective devices. I’m using a 13 inch case, and the power cord fits with the laptop, and does not make a large bulge. Overall, I would highly recommend these cases, especially for college students, and anyone who is going to be carrying a laptop around.

Wonderful, thanks, I never really thought of having a case for the laptop. I'll look into this further.

Yoshi Yogurt

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2010
Shoulda got a colcasac or thule.

Can't decide which one I want, hell I could just get both...

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
jacobclause, I just heard that a high school near where I live about 800 of those amcase cases for their students, since the students are all getting chromebooks or macbooks or something. I'm glad I got this per your suggestion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.