Macbook Pro Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kywildcats, Feb 19, 2012.

1. kywildcats macrumors member

I recently ordered a MBP. I am very, very excited about it. I will be using ut for class so it will be going in and out of my backpack quite a bit. After reading about some of the little knicks and dings that some are getting in the metal on here I started thinking about a case for my machine. Does anyone have a case they would recommend or that they use themselves?

I found this and really liked they way it looked:
    http://goincase.com/products/detail/perforated-hardshell-case-cl57469/1

It is full of small holes so it would be able to dissipate heat reasonably well too. That was one thing I have been reading as a problem with some cases. Thanks you all!!

2. jrabbit macrumors member

I just got this case for my 15" MBP; I wanted something less smooth, since I was afraid I was going to lose my grip on the aluminum as I carried the MBP around the building (I move around within one building mostly, so I don't use my messenger bag unless travel outside). It's still fairly smooth, but the holes give it a bit of texture, so I don't feel like I need a death grip on the MBP.

No problems with heat--even when running World of Tanks from the Bootcamp partition (which stresses the CPU/GPU in a big way).

I thought my coworkers would think it looked strange, but the feedback has been entirely positive.

No problem at all with fit/finish; it fits snugly and easily. I would recommend it, if you like the look.

3. dirtfan21 macrumors newbie

I have a older MBP 15" Late 2006 and use a speck hard case clear sense new. It keep it looking new and works very good with no heat issues.

Here is the website and well worth the price. You may want to check out the keyboard protector and screen protector too. All well worth the price to protect your MAC!

www.speckproducts.com

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

5. techfest macrumors member

incase is garbage

speck is better

source - i bought both XD

6. kywildcats thread starter macrumors member

7. ando27 macrumors member

I ended up going with the Booq Vyper for the 15 inch pro. It's awesome. Great feel, fits perfectly snug, doesn't move at all inside. Also, the zippers don't touch at all.

It also apparently protects against drops. I don't plan on dropping my MBP, but cool!

8. Jimbogiant macrumors member

I can vouch for the Booq Vyper case too- this thing is an absolute tank of a case (in the best sense of the word), and fits perfectly

9. snerkler macrumors 6502a

I've been looking at cases for my MBP too. I was going to get the Speck one but the speck logo puts me off. Has anyone used slickwraps and/or gelaskins? What are they like. My concern with the slickwraps is that there's no cut outs underneath for the vents so would be concerned about over heating issues.

10. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

One of my work mates uses the case in the first post, it's quite nice. I use a black Speck on my work MBP.