Hi, My MacBook Pro charger was chewed by my cat. There is a small cut in the wire but the charger still works and fully charges the computer. Today, however, the wire started sparking (just very small blue sparks) right where the cut is. It only happened for a couple seconds but it continued to fully charge the computer. My question is: do I need to get another $80 charger or can I put electrical tape around the wire instead? It still works, I'm just afraid because of the little sparks today. I also have split tube looming in a closet somewhere. Could I use split tube looming too or will the electric tape be okay?