Macbook Pro Charger Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pdechavez, Apr 25, 2009.

1. pdechavez macrumors regular

Hello All,

There seems to be a tiny rip in the charger cord connecting to my mac, i can see the wires and stuff but have no idea how it happened! Will apple cover this since I am under warranty still? thanks in advance =)

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's a known "flaw" with the MagSafe adapter, and commonly occurs when somewhere near the end of the cord is bent for a long period of time. Apple would definitely cover it by warranty.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They'll cover it, but it depends on how you go about it. People that have called AppleCare seem to have better luck than going into a store.

4. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

Well, the problem occurs with pretty much any laptop adaptor, most of my friend's laptops cords share the same problem I guess it is from the repeated and sustained twisting at the base of the cord.

5. r.kirkerrr macrumors member

this happened me, and i took my mac in to get fixed, and then mentioned to him about the adapter, and as soon as i showed him it, it looked like he was going to cry. he was like yeah, i'm going to spare your life here, and just gave me a new one, even though my applecare was void because i spilt milk on it two years ago, although i got the computer completely cleaned and fixed. and still they blame it being broken on the milk!

i don't think.