MacBook Pro Charger Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kcecka, Nov 18, 2012.

1. kcecka macrumors newbie

So earlier today my Macbook Pro charger decided to completely stop working? I fiddled with it and it turned on again, but it turned off again about an hour ago. I have a feeling I need to just bring it in and get it looked at, but if anyone has any suggestions for fixing it, I would appreciate it. Details below:

-I've had it for about a year and a half and it's been pretty gently used. I usually use the extension, but I don't have the smaller one on me right now so I can't switch it out to see if that will work instead. (Knowing my luck, it probably would)
    -Charger is not showing any light at all, even when plugged in. When I got it to work earlier, it would switch on and off from nothing to the orange light.
    -I've already tried rebooting my computer as well as completely unplugging the magsafe adapter for a little while and then replugging it back in. Didn't help.

Once again, I realize I probably need to bring it in tomorrow, but I mostly just wanted to see if there were any other options available for me. Thanks!

2. madamdigby macrumors newbie

Macbook charger

Hey! I'm currently having the same issue that you had and I've tried EVERYTHING. Just wondering what you did to fix it? Thanks!

3. Beezy253, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013

Beezy253 macrumors 6502

Pretty common. Even on Apple.com, chargers only have a 1.5 star rating.

If you're under warranty, Apple should replace the charger for free.