MacBook Pro Charging Issues

robertd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah.
Hey guys. I have the first generation MacBook Pro that they brought out with the Intels, so it's maybe 5 or so years old. I have never had any issues but about a 6 months ago I did a battery replacement, well the new battery has never seemed to hold much of a charge and I am constantly informed to service battery (I assumed it was a glitch of some sort since the battery was newer). My charger plugs in and charges for a few minutes but occasionally the light will dim and almost go out, it then stops delivering a charge. The display also shows 40%+ battery charge but my MacBook will randomly go to sleep and when I wake the display it says 0% left.

Is this a battery issue or maybe a charger issue or is there something more serious happening with my computer? Any help you guys could give would be extremely appreciated!

robertd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah.
I never thought of trying to charge without the battery in. When I remove the battery the computer still works when plugged in. Guess it is the battery. Is there any way to check the serial number on Apple to if I am still within warranty or do I need to take it to my store?