When my MBP (early 2008, Penryn) is charging my nose becomes blocked, and my breathing gets harder. When the notebook is on mains and the battery is installed, I feel the effect within seconds which gets worse the longer Im around the notebook (with three or four metres). I feel okay again when I either remove the battery or turn off the mains, like a weight has been lifted off my chest and head. It took more than a year to make the connection. Since then I have either used the notebook off mains without the battery installed, or with the battery only. Anyone heard of anything like this? What is the best instrument I can use to measure electrical emission, perhaps a gauss metre?