MacBook Pro - choice between two

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kitcho9, Jan 27, 2013.

1. kitcho9 macrumors newbie

2. simsaladimbamba

What do you need? More screen real estate and a proper GPU or just a small notebook to carry with you?

Those two notebooks differ quite much, thus your computational needs matter, not what some random human being recommends without knowing your needs and just using his/her own needs as reference.

3. kitcho9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just want whatever is fastest/better performance. Wasn't sure if the 2011 ones would be quicker? I think the geek bench score for the 2011 was higher (as seen in the urls I provided).

Also. Which one has the better screen?

4. simsaladimbamba

The 2011 model can also use 16 GB of RAM, but then again, it is only a 13" display with abysmal resolution (so is the 15" with its 1440 x 900 pixel).
    I would get neither, but then again, my uses differ from yours, which are still unstated.

5. kitcho9 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just want one with "snappy" performance....just generic uses plus a little bit of Xcode.

Do the resolutions really look that abysmal???

----------

Oh and the ones I'm looking at are base models with 4GB ram

6. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

I wouldn't call either resolution "abysmal"... I agree that 1440x900 is much nicer in a 13" display (eg. MacBook Air), but, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the native resolution on either machine, IMHO.

I'd personally go for the 13" and max out the RAM (then get a nice 23" display to connect it to at my desk!).

The 15" has discreet graphics, the 13" does not, but, are you going to be doing anything that requires dedicated graphics?