MacBook Pro choice, need some advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Haychy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Haychy, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

Haychy macrumors newbie

Hey there everyone, new to the site. Early next year i am looking to study at uni, i have to do a course first to get into uni as i have been an ex student for to long and must obtain position into uni. Once i have finished that course (6 months or so) i would love to study Graphic/website design and am in the market to pick a new macbook pro.

being a PC user untill now im ready to branch off and try using a mac after hearing many great things about them. now im not to worried about the money, i just am looking at some advice weather to go with a 15" or 17" macbook pro.

like should i buy a 15" and get an external monitor or just a 17" inch. if someone could just include some reasons like battery life, carrying it around etc at uni. i appreciate it so much

considering my situation if anyone could help me decide on which path to take, im a little nervous about the 17inch battery life. i know this topic has been brought up so many times before but thanks to anyone who takes the time to repply

haychy.

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Not to sound like an ass, but like you said this topic has been brought up hundreds, maybe thousands of times.

Do some research as we can't decide which you should get. Most new Macintosh converts jump to the 13" MacBook Pro. For you, since you may need more power (CPU/GPU) and maybe the antiglare and highres display ... I'd opt for the 15" MacBook Pro.

Battery is about the same for all. Even though the 17" is a bit more powerful and bigger, the battery is also a bit bigger. Both should give you easily 5-6 hours of battery life with general use.

PS: Before jumping into the Macintosh world, make sure the software you will be using is Mac compatible. Some are Windows only and if you will be using those Windows only apps most of the time, then maybe you should look for a newer PC rather than a Mac. That's just my opinion.

3. Haychy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your quick reply and i agree sorry for bringing it up again but thankyou for your advice :)

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

If you're carrying it around a lot I'd recommend the high-res 15", it has a lot of the benefits of the 17" without the extra size and weight.

5. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

It's no problem. Feel free to ask any other questions about Macintoshes.

And welcome to MacRumors! :)