Macbook pro clicking, need help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hankkosovo, Mar 8, 2010.

1. hankkosovo macrumors member

I don't know if any of you remember but a few months ago, my unibody fryed and I asked for help on here, well in the end apple replaced it with the brand new 15 inch 2.8gh unibody, but now, this one is broke I think.

It has started to make a strange clicking noise. The exact same noise and from the exact same location as the one in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXsKxhfc9Sg

As well as mine clicking when you push down (like in the video) it also clicks whenever you move, if you lift it or tilt the screen. It also only starts to click when it has been turned on for about 15mins, basically, once it's warm.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it is?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Searching the forum with MRoogle will usually find answers to most of your questions:
    Picture 2.JPG

3. Hmac macrumors 68020

clicking from a hard drive is usually a bad thing, a sort of pre-announcement of failure. It's worth taking to the Apple store to get looked at, but I'd clone your system as a backup right this minute.

4. hankkosovo thread starter macrumors member

I don't think it's the hard drive, as it only happens when it physically moves rather than when I read or write anything.

Also, I searched for the hard drive noise because I've heard so much about it, and it's a completely different sound so I'm pretty sure it isn't the hard drive.

5. Hmac macrumors 68020

No other moving parts inside other than fans. Maybe your misinterpreting normal head disengagement from the motion sensor.

6. hankkosovo thread starter macrumors member

No it's not that, that sounds sort of like a clunk from the right hand side, this is a different sound to that.

7. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Is the click noise on release of the downward pressure from a finger on the unibody? Or on pressure? Might eb worth opening up the case and seeing if anythings out of whack