MacBook Pro Clutch cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by paranoidmac, Aug 2, 2012.

1. paranoidmac macrumors newbie

Hi

I have a macbook pro 15" early 2011.

the clutch cover(the black plastic covering the hinge) on my macbook pro makes a clicking sound when i slightly press that in the left side. Sometimes i get a clicking sound when i open the lid of my macbook pro.

Is this normal??

2. bullride macrumors newbie

my macbook pro 15"early 2011 did the same thing and the clutch cover broke last week. At the end i should have complained when i bought it. it always annoyed me to have such a cheap plastic piece on a highend, unibody macbook pro..

i'm now looking for a spare clutch cover for a macbook pro 15" Early 2011.. replacing it should be a straight forward exercise.

3. Wrightpd macrumors newbie

I have a issue with my early 2011 MacBook pro's hinge cover, it has developed a hairline crack about 4cm long from the right hand edge,, reading around a lot of people say this can be caused due o rapid heating and cooling,

Anyway the part is avaiAble here

http://www.doctorhappymacparts.co.uk/parts/900331.html

Any not sure how easy it is too fit, if anyone has done this before any advise would be great

Paul

4. bullride macrumors newbie

5. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Replacing, BTW, takes entire removal of the screen assembly. FYI :) Not exactly easy, but takes about 1hr to do it right..

Make sure you have torx screwdrivers around!!

6. bullride macrumors newbie

Yeah i know but still shouldn't be a problem.. as long as there are no glued parts, of course.
    that's when it gets tricky, when the aluminium pieces stick and bend and break :)

7. bullride macrumors newbie

8. Ckar macrumors member

Does anyone know the steps to remove the black clutch cover from the LCD display hinge? I have to replace mine. (This is for a MacBook Pro 15 Mid 2010).

Does anyone know how such a crack occurs?

9. bullride macrumors newbie