Macbook Pro compatible with Samsung Plasma TV?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wolfet, Sep 28, 2010.

1. wolfet macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a new Samsung Plasma television and have not been successful in attempting to connect my MacBook Pro to it. Here's what I've done thus far. I'm not sure of what the port is called on my MacBook, but I regularly use it at work to connect to a separate monitor so I know it works. I believe it's some type of DVI port but I know it's not a mini-dvi because I initially bought a mini-dvi adapter and that didn't fit the port. But I've got an adapter that plugs into that port, and converts to DVI. Then a second adapter that converts DVI to HDMI. Then I have a HDMI to HDMI cable that connects to my tv. Finally, I have a audio cable that's pretty basic. But when I plug all of this in, connect my computer, and switch the TV input to the PC option, it says that there is no input. I'd really appreciate any help.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Your adapter is miniDisplayPort to DVI. Anyhow, the PC input is likely a VGA port, so turn the channel to whatever HDMI input you plugged it into, and that should work.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys