Macbook Pro Completed!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LxNguy3n, Aug 22, 2008.

1. LxNguy3n macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

New to MacRumors, and this will be my first thread. I finally, FINALLY, finished upgrading my macbook pro. I don't know where I can do a bench mark test since I've bee used to Windows my whole life. Any Ideas? Here are the specs:

2.2 ghz
    4GB RAM
    320GB Scorpio Black 7200RPM. (Installing this has been by far, the worst HD install ever. I've worked on HP Sony Dell Toshiba etc. and Apple likes to make to their HD install a pain in the ass with all the ribbons attached on top of the HD.)

I'm actually new to Apple and I've been using apple for about 6 months now. I just picked up FC Studio 2, CS3, and XP 64-bit for some of my college software. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN DO ANYTHING TO INCREASE THE SPEED OF THIS MACHINE.

My next project is a MacPro Tower, but I'm willing to wait for the next generation with DDR3+ (I hope).

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Use Geekbench.

There isn't anything you can do to make it faster ATM.

3. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

Work in a freezer. :cool:

4. kmarketing macrumors 6502

Hi,

Your machine should be speedy enough no?

I don't think you can get much more power without going into the desktop models... at least for now :)

Welcome to a great site as well!

5. Aoleus macrumors newbie

If you want to make it faster, add speed holes, racing stripe(s), flames, and/or paint it red. :p

6. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Short of replacing the entire logic board with a Penryn 2.5 logic board, no.

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Don't forget extremely obnoxious exhaust sounds, poorly retrofitted HID lights , various guages affixed to the side to display battery life, cpu usage, and hard disk activity, shift lights, a lowered keyboard and a big banner on the top that says "Powered by Windows"

8. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

if you want to go faster - use your MBP on the train :D

was there a overclocking app for the 2.2 ?

9. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I actually found replacing the HD not too bad at all. As long as you followed the iFixit guides and used a Spudger when working with the ribbons and tape, and had the correct size Torx and Phillips screwdrivers, it was a breeze. Having all the extra space is nice too. :)

10. LxNguy3n thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it was a bummer I got the MBP two months before the Penryn series came out. I have a feeling the new MBP will actually have the more updated speed like the P9500! 2.5ghz 6mb 1066FSB, with maybe DDR3-1066mhz RAM. I still work a lot with the Windows side because I'm a consultant for these firms that use Windows. Sony's new Z series, have the new P9500, DDR3-1066mhz, optional 2 SSD HD's RAID, with a NVIDIA 9300, in a ridiculous 13.1 Backlight LED screen. I know Apple will go that route in their new MBP's, but with the same screen size of course.

11. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Don't forget to replace all transparent surfaces with smoked glass, including the screen, keyboard keys, sleep LED, Apple logo, and the aformentioned poorly retrofitted HIDs.

12. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

All the ribbons?

Huh? There's only ONE! Can't you can't?

Your problem lies with the user.. :p
    Personally I would of started with a faster machine to begin with...