MacBook Pro confusion on Swift homepage.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LukeAshton, Dec 18, 2015.

1. LukeAshton macrumors newbie

LukeAshton

I was looking at the new swift home page ( http://www.apple.com/swift/ ) and I noticed this 15" MacBook Pro had the small logo on the lower bezel of the display that says "MacBook Pro" so in my head it was instantly the older generation, non retina MBP 15 but then I looked at the left hand ports and noticed a very thin MagSafe... magsafe2 and dual thunderbolts, then usb and then 3.5mm. It also has a Eject key where the rMBP power button is. I am so confused about why apple would display this weird edited picture? Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 11.45.00.png

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

They're probably using the old one mainly for that 'MacBook Pro' logo on the front IMO, because the rMBP doesn't have it etched on the display.

As Swift is now open source, it means that more people will be looking into this programming language who don't use Apple products. Therefore, the laptop they're looking at in the picture will be immediately identifiable as a MacBook Pro, and it looks thin. So the best of both worlds from a marketing perspective.

Having a look at the ports on the side (which are the only bits from the rMBP, as the rest is from the cMBP), it looks like an awful Photoshop.

123.png

3. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK