MacBook Pro connect to TV Help Please!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by d wade, Jan 30, 2008.

1. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

I would like to connect my MacBook Pro to my TV (32" Samsung LCD HDTV)

So I bought DVI-to-VGA Cable and a 3.5mm Audio Cable (DX-MP3AX)

I hooked everything up and figured it should work no problem, but my screen is just all black and no audio plays. I am stumped here because I thought this was the correct way to do it.

Can anyone please help me? Tell me if I'm missing something, or need to do something different? Thanks in advance!

2. betomax macrumors newbie

I have my mbp connected to my samsung LNT5271 by DVI -> HDMI adapter and 6' HDMI 1.3a cable.

Adapter and cable bought for cheap at monoprice.com. Picture is flawless, default is 1920x1080p.

p.s. Audio is currently sent by radio shack 1/8" to RCA stereo cable to AUDIO IN associated with HDMI1 on the TV.

p.p.s. DVI-VGA adapter to VGA cable (cheap cable) to the TV VGA in looked... not so good... partly because of D/A conversion, loss in the cable & connections, and A/D conversion as well as the fact that the only way to get the TV to accept the analog signal was to use mirror mode. 1440x900 stretched to 1080p is not so good.

p.p.p.s. If your owner's manual doesn't help, check out avsforum.com.

3. gniss39 macrumors regular

Try going to system preferences and then displays. Go to the orientation tab and you should be able to setup the screens of your computer and the TV. Hope this helps!