MacBook Pro - 'Connection Timeout'

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snowbo2, May 14, 2009.

1. snowbo2 macrumors newbie

Okay, So I just bought a new MacBook Pro not too long ago, and I am having a lot of difficulty connecting to my home wireless network. For the meantime, I have just been stealing my neighbors horrible connection. Everyone in my house with macbooks have no problem connecting to this network. Even my friends who bring their MacBooks over can connect to it. Everytime I try, It tries to connect for a few seconds then just says 'connection timeout' I have tried turning off my airport entirely, and installing the new airport updates. Nothing seems to work. Any help??:confused:

Thanks

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Mine seems to do this as well whenever I'm far away from my router. I'm assuming you've tried going closer to your router when connecting?

3. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

try this. go to applications>utilites>network utilites and click on the info tab. now when you do that your going to see the words "Please select a network interface for information". now right under those words there is a drop down tab. click on that and choose one of the three options until you see all the info filled in like ip address ect. play around with that and see if that works. i had to do that and it worked for me. good luck.

4. snowbo2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I tried your suggestion but still no luck :confused: