macbook pro - constant beeping ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AEEA, Apr 16, 2012.

1. AEEA macrumors newbie

I have a macbook pro 13 mid 2009, liquid damage.

Here is what happen, after the liquid damage it worked, but then someone decided to clean it, after it took the logic board out, and cleaned it and put it back in, he broke two connectors, the one for fan and the one for speakers. Now the charger is green, sometimes dim light sometimes bright.

But i keep hearing a beeping sound that doesn't stop it comes from the logic board but i can't determine where exactly (its in the middle, where the intel chip is, near it), but today i discovered this when i short two pins that are near the keyboard cable connector (they are suppose to power on the machine), something strange happens. The beeping stops, but then i hear like the machine wanna start its a strange noise.

The beeping is constant, no stopping When i short these two pins, sometimes the green light on the charger restarts. Also i disconnected all the cables, but same thing, i also tried without ram and with one module and second module, same thing. Any help ?

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Yeah, get a new logic board, yours is toast. Or don't, and just keep shorting pins out that you don't know what they are and it will be soon enough :)