MacBook Pro Cooler??? Temps driving me crazy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fkntotalkaos, Nov 7, 2008.

1. fkntotalkaos macrumors 6502

My Macbook pro was dying, the fan was out of control making all kinds of bad sounds, and I was ready to toss this thing out. I installed SMC fan control to monitor user temps and fan speeds, but the fan was too far gone. I bought a replacement fan from MacBook Pro medics and replaced it. The install was easy, took less than 30 min. Now my left fan is going out (notice it when I play WOW) starting to make the same sounds and increasing operating temps. So I really want to get one of these, as well as replacing the left fan. But for some reason it is not avail to date. This is the best looking unit. I wish this could be avail.
    http://www.gadgettastic.com/2007/08/28/concept-macbook-pro-cooler/:apple:

Attached Files:

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

All the current laptop coolers use small, noisy fans that don't really push too much air.

I use the passive Rain design M-stand. I also use an external display with internal display turned off.

I thought about getting some large quiet fans, but the current set up seems to work ok. Perhaps you want to use headphones?

Note silentpcreview.com has list the Apple iMac as the mass produced system with the least amount of noise per price ratio. Some laptop coolers are listed there.

3. fkntotalkaos thread starter macrumors 6502

Headphones? What will that do? Also, I actually do use them so I can hear better,

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

5. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Do you have the new gen MBP ?

I do, and in OSX, it is cool and quiet (39C). When I play games in Vista it gets hotter (around 75) and the fans are running at full speed and this makes a lot of noise. I'm looking for a way to make then slower. Would such a cooling pad change something ?

Thanks,
    Tex

6. CajunCARTFan macrumors member

CajunCARTFan

That's just a concept unit by the way. It's not even in line to be manufactured yet.

7. Ryvius macrumors member

I cannot rave about the M-Stand enough. The thing is solid, brilliantly designed and makes my desktop work space so much more ergonomic. Really the best accessory for the MBP period.

Look into it if you don't have one.

8. nonick macrumors member

i can recommend zalman, http://www.zalman.co.kr/ENG/product/Product_Read.asp?idx=280.
    bought this cooler for my late2008 MBP and i'm very happy with it.
    it looks really good and the design of this cooler matches the aluminium case of the mbp, the fans are very quite, even at 1500rpm, it is powered by usb, and you'll get an additional usb port on the right side of your mbp, which can be used for external mouse.
    in addition to that, it makes the cpu much cooler, the temperature decreases by 20C in average.