macbook pro cooling pad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cworsley4, Oct 11, 2007.

1. cworsley4 macrumors member

i have a macbook pro and it con run hot when doing high end functions. i am interested in buy a cooling pad for it. i do not like targus, i think that they are cheap products. does any one have a suggestion on what i sould buy.

2. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I use this notebook cooler for my macbook
    http://www.startech.com/Product/ItemDetail.aspx?productid=NBCOOLER&c=CA
    I really like it because it has a control for setting the speed you want the fans to run. I have had this product for about 2 years now and no problems at all.

They have an aluminum one that has usb and card reader and would probably suit the macbook pro line. :apple::apple:

3. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

4. HappyHack3r macrumors newbie

possibly the best notebook cooler...

Hi, I have the Zalman ZM-NC1000 and I can only recommend it. This is probably the best what you can buy for home/office use.
    I am thinking in addition on this one from Thermaltake for mobile use (easily slips to a ntbk bag if you travel/commute a lot).

5. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

The best cooling solution for the MBP is to install FanControl. My first gen MBP used to run extremely hot and was definitely too hot to sit on my lap. I tried desk fans to cool it and that worked but then FanControl came out, I adjusted the speeds and my machine is now nice and cool to use. The temp used to hover around 60C and peak at 90+ but now it runs at 45C and never reaches 70C. The fans in the MBP are perfectly capable of keeping the machine nice and cool.

6. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I had the opportunity to test out the koolsink for a couple of weeks and I was amazed by it. If you are interested please read my personal review.
    not sure how well it will cool the mbp since I have only tested with the mb but it really cools.

byakuya