MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.33 17" WHITE SCREEN!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mld.oscar, Aug 31, 2016.

1. mld.oscar macrumors newbie

mld.oscar

Hello collegues,

I've got a MacBookPro Core 2 Duo, 2.33GHz Processor, 17'' screen (2006-2007) Model A1212. I was trying to re-install the Operative System because I had a trouble with it. So, I extracted its HDD and formatted the whole disk. Then I put it back in the Mac, and before that I created a booteable USB drive with MacOS El Capitan.

The thing is that now I turn on my Mac with the USB in it and get pressed the Option Key in order to boot my pendrive, it shows my drive on the screen so as I can select it. Once I selected my device. I expected that MacOS installation wizard was going to boot but that didn't happen. It still shows white screen and It seems there's no read/write activity on the Hard Drive, but I see that the CPU temperature is getting higher and with no drive activity. It gets really hot doing nothing and I have to turn it off.

I thought that my pendrive was malfunctioning, so I tried to boot it on another Mac and It worked. I thought it could be that MacOS El Capitan was not supported by this mac. I tried to boot another pendrive with Mavericks and It still doesn't boot. I know the white screen appears because erased the whole hard drive obviusly. But when I try to boot my pendrive the white screen is always there after selecting it, and I don't know why.

I really appreciate you guys can help me with this.
    Attached pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards.

2. mld.oscar, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016

mld.oscar thread starter macrumors newbie

mld.oscar

Attached Files: